Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Network Kidlington Oxfordshire

Mike82
Fledgling

I have been a long and loyal Three Customer, having 2 mobiles phone contracts and home broadband. The broadband was brilliant at first but it has been dreadful these past 6 months. My internet is hardly reaching 20MBPs when it used to be easily 200Mbps. I have to add: I have 5G coverage and live nearby a mast. When checking the network issue page, it says that ‘

We're working on fixing an issue in this area at the moment. We're sorry for any disruption this may be causing.We hope to have things fixed as soon as possible and will add any updates here’. This message has been there for weeks. Three used to text me if there were any planned or unplanned work and when it was resolved, but not anymore. I called the broadband team, and they were unable to give me any further information nor an ETA of when this will be fixed. Few months ago, as I already had problems with broadband, I was told that my hub was ‘old’ (2 years) and that was the reason my broadband was poor and the only way to have a newer version of hub was to sign a new 24 months contract. And here we are again. I feel there is no point contacting the customer service / helpdesk as they seem to have absolutely no clue of what’s going on. Am I the only one and the same situation? 
1 REPLY 1
Paddiewack
Superstar

I too have broadband with Three and a similar thing happened to me which was only solved very recently. Same status message so I called tech support and they were able to do diagnostics and tell me there was upgrade work going on and it was also related to the decommissioning of 3G in my area. Ok they couldn’t sort it there and then but they told me the exact date my service would return to normal. I took it with a tiny pinch of salt but to be fair they were correct and now I’m all good. The point I’m making is (for me) the fact that I knew when the problem would end was good enough and I could suffer in silence so to speak. Anyway if you want to give it a go it’s 333 option 4 then option 3.

Good luck