cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm pretty sure Twitter has blocked the Three Network - we can no longer add our phone numbers there

rluk
Fledgling

I had recently registered to Twitter and I found you can no longer Direct Message people until you added your phone number to the account. Upon attempting it says "We cannot send a text message to this phone number because its operator is not supported." Looking it up, Elon Musk told his staff in December to cut off any networks that has bot fraud over 10%. I can only deduce that we are one of these networks.

5 REPLIES 5
sc1999
Local celebrity

Please tick the like button to prove you are not a bot.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @rluk,

I've checked in with the Social Media Team, and they're still regularly receiving DMs from customers. We have seen a few reports of this error on Twitter too though. Our investigations haven't revealed any issues on our side, so your best next steps would be to raise the issue with Twitter's support teams.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

rluk
Fledgling

I had reached out to their Support but it’s a complete fiesta over there given their job cuts. This is to do with new registrations. If these Three customers who are DMing already had an account prior to the December cut off by Elon Musk then they wouldn’t be affected. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks @rluk, that's good to know. Please let me know if the support team do manage to come back to you with any info or explanation, and if I do learn anything further on our side I'll update this thread too.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

natastrophe
Active

I have an issue with twitter @JonathanB , images intermittently wont load on android devices. In fact most of the issues I have with three mobile broadband are related to android devices. Are Three looking into this?