Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraud

nasrahersi1
Fledgling

In February i was scammed by customer service team that i believed to be Three. They knew my contract was finishing and offered me a wide range of affordable contracts. They did all the identity checks correctly and were not asking any suspicious questions at first. They even offered to give me an apple watch free of charge and they told me this would be sent to my house. When the package arrived there was two phones inside and i recieved a call from three who i believed to be three that the packages would need to be dpd returned to them so they can send the correct package. I agreed a time with them and a delivery driver in uniform came to collect the phone. When i called three 2 days later, the customer service employee had told me it was all a scam and that i needed to block my card and an investigation will open since now there are two numbers linked to my account. I have taken so much initiative contacting Three not once have they called me to check my mental health or support or even updates. Every interaction has been because i had to call to beg to see what was going on, instead they just say the same thing the investigation is still going on or i will log this on the notes. They don't seem to care about their customers at all. Only recently on my last call, they had asked me that i should pay the direct debit first payment on the scam phones, and i refuse to pay for something that i did not want and that was fradulent. How can you ask customers to pay for direct debits on fraud accounts, who knows what these people will use these phones for or the criminal activities involved with this. It's alarming that this is the advice they provide. My account is now £@-2400.00 on three and its not me at all. According to Three policy investigations should be done within 30 days and it's almost 30 days with no updates. I have shared my story on social media to raise awareness about the scams being used and someone like me who is 24 years old and who is actually aware was scammed too, so i don't want this to happen to anyone else. But advice for the young adults, it is super concerning that Three is not supportive to their customers especially when they are a victim of fraud. I even contacted the action fraud police to inform them.  @threeuk 

2 REPLIES 2
Paddiewack
Superstar

Whilst I absolutely sympathise with you for the stress the situation is causing you I have to say you should treat all unsolicited calls with extreme caution. All Three numbers start with 0333 and any other number calling you about offers from the network is probably dodgy. All I can suggest is if after the thirty days is up and you haven’t heard you can then call Three with impunity. It might also be prudent for you to report this matter to the police if you haven’t already done so.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @nasrahersi1,

I'm sorry we didn't check in regarding this post at the time. It sounds like an investigation was going on, was this all sorted out in the end? I'll be happy to offer any support I can if there's still any unresolved issues.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!