cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't seem to make calls

Fi713
Fledgling

Hi,

I can't seem to make calls at the moment, for the past week I've not been able to make calls out or to receive calls in, I get voicemails but I can't listen to them. So I have texts and data but absolutely no calls anywhere, it's very odd, any help or advice would be appreciated!

Many Thanks!

12 REPLIES 12
DanniD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

No worries!

All SIMs are compatible with both 4G and 5G so that shouldn't matter. However, if you head to the Device Support page that Jonathan linked to - you can search for Wi-Fi calling on the search bar, and questions should show up to talk you through how to find the route to turn this on.

Hope this helps.

Danni

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Just on the back of this, the Device Support pages don't always have a specific guide for 4G calling, but this will tend to be referred to as either 4G calling or VoLTE in your settings.

As Danni says, if there's nothing showing for 4g calling when you search, you can also look up Wi-Fi calling, as the 4G calling feature also tends to be found in the same page of your settings. So this will hopefully point you in the right direction to check it out @Fi713.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey there. 

Can you confirm if you've been connected to Wi-Fi while this has been going on? If so, try turning it off, or turning Wi-Fi calling off, then try calling again. If you weren't, try making a call while using Wi-Fi calling. Let us know if there's a difference between the behaviour of ether. 

Doing a reset of the network settings on the phone might also help as it can clear any configuration issues the phone may have. 

Lastly, did you port your number into the network in the last 30 days? If so, and the other recommendations made haven't helped at all, it could be that your services haven't been fully provisioned properly. It looks like you've been given a few possible angles to look at the issue from already, so I hope one of them works for you, but they haven't, please reach out to the support team on Livechat or by Calling so that the team can check out your account for you. 

Pete.