cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot send SMS to one number

markwallwork0
Regular

I can no longer send SMS to my daughters phone get instant message failed to send when trying . I need to as she often has data off . Her phone can send to me and other people I can sms fine . Can’t find a fix with Apple who say it’s a theee issue . If I can have it fixed I will need to change provider

5 REPLIES 5
Paddiewack
Maestro

This is without doubt an issue with your daughter’s phone. An iMessage can be sent as long as the phone is connected to WiFi. Are you sure her number hasn’t been restricted by her service provider? Ask her to call you but not via FaceTime or WhatsApp. 

markwallwork0
Regular

I can phone her without wifi or data she can send me an sms. I can sms anyone else she can sme anyone else. She can send me an sms I can t respond to an sms from her . Been on with three support they told me to try various things nothing works 

Paddiewack
Maestro

Just to be uber clear when  you say sms you’re referring to a standard text message and not an iMessage shared between iPhones. If that’s the case and customer service say there’s no issue Three’s end then has your daughter inadvertently applied some sort of a restriction. I’m speculating here because I’m out of ideas. 🤷‍♂️

markwallwork0
Regular

Yes an sms . I swapped my sim to another phone and there were still issues. So I stupidly went and ordered a replacement sim and three fulfilled the order did not send me details of how to get the eSIM then ceased my sim so I now have no service whatsoever. Fantastic. Think I’m done with three 

markwallwork0
Regular

Hi to confirm I got a brand new sim . I tested it still the same issie. Cannot send sms to my daughter . I moved both my sim to a new black iPhone and same issue . Also did the same with my daughters sim . So it’s not a iphone issue . It’s a three issue . Can someone from three please respond for possibly fixed as support on the phone have run out of ideas