cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Congestion in busy areas

Badlydrawnboy12
Fledgling

Does anyone else notice data doesn’t work in busy areas such as London and large events? Nothing loads over 3/4/5G

Ive asked Three about this but they act dumb it’s frustrating looking to move to a different provider after being with them for 20 years 

10 REPLIES 10
sc1999
Local celebrity

All networks suffer from contention ratios from time-to-time and it's worth buying a few cheap sims from the major networks to test their performance.  I moved fromm EE to 3 but should have gone to Vodafone. 

One of the main problems,  in my opinion,  is that the networks are too successful selling home and business broadband and cannot install new capacity fast enough. 

Badlydrawnboy12
Fledgling

Was in central london yesterday was very busy area and my partners 4G on EE worked perfectly, I couldn’t load a thing so I think 3 have major issues and have done for a long time, wish they wouldn’t be ignorant about it too and admit it 

Ian_M
Active

Exactly just be honest instead of the clap trap we are fixing a problem in your area ( 4 months so far where I live) 

Mell
Fledgling

Mine does the same thing it is annoying it gets on my nerves

digitalnomad
Fledgling

This is my theory too - overselling broadband at the expense of mobile customers.

Avondale
Rising star

>>> Does anyone else notice data doesn’t work in busy areas such as London and large events?

Yes. 

Mell
Fledgling

Yes mine all the time it does get on my last nerve 

Avondale
Rising star

But bear in mind that this problem applies to all networks and not just Three. For example, at Glastonbury, reports suggested that Vodaphone held up best, followed by Three, followed by EE and with O2 virtually unusable. But apparently this varied across the site and even depending on the devices that folks were utilising.  . 

Vodaphone's top spot was not surprising as they are a main sponsor of Glastonbury.  

sc1999
Local celebrity

It just means that Vodafone provided more temporary equipment than the other companies.