cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract / Roaming / New Site

skippyste
Fledgling

I wonder if anyone in the community can help me so I can make a decision about whether to move from Three.

My contract came to an end mid April, I was on the understanding that I could just carry on and I would still receive Go Roam etc without a daily charge as my contract was pre-2021. 

I've just been to Greece and received several text messages saying I had a daily charge for roaming. Then, 24 hours after arriving was told I had exceeded the 12GB fair use limit. Impossible as I had downloaded local maps and have settings to use wifi only. I just travelled to the USA for two weeks with no exceeding of the limit. 

On top of this, when I log into the website, I now have roaming charges and it says I'm on a new 24 month contract at £24 a month (I have not made any adjustments here). Live chat was impossible to deal with and have set up a case with no response. 

My last hope is here... can anyone please help me get this resolved? 

2 REPLIES 2
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @skippyste,

This sounds so frustrating, I'll do my best to get you more help with this. We'll need to get you over to a team that has access to your account to look into this further, so I'll send you a private message to refer you to some colleagues that can take ownership of this.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Mkzaf
Fledgling

Oh wow.

I guess it's because you were in the States previously and the monthly allowance has not been refilled yet, it reached the capacity of the 12GB - which is still unfair . I get your predicament and I hope this issue gets resolved but Three does this.

I was complaining as I have an ongoing bandwidth issue and I'm on the same pay monthly contract as you I think, which ended but I don't want to upgrade because of the roaming and they basically told me to cancel as I'm not happy with the connectivity. They offered no solution or fix.

It's like they're forcing you to upgrade.