cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Underground Wifi - Dropped stations

TSR
Regular

Recently it appears that Three stopped supporting the Virgin WiFi networks on TFL underground stations, and instead we're meant to use Three_WIFI access points.

Unfortunately it appears there are stations in central London where Three no longer offers service. For example, the Northern Line at Waterloo no longer has access to WiFi in the underground. Although I can still see the Virgin AP, I don't see Three's. And of course, we can't login to the Virgin AP any more.

Is this a known issue, and is there a planned resolution for the problem?

25 REPLIES 25
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @TSR,

I'm not aware of this issue, but thanks for flagging it up. I'll make some enquiries. Can you confirm that you have been able to see and connect to the Three_WIFI service in other stations, and can you also let me know any other stations where you've seen the Virgin WiFi show up but not Three_WIFI?

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

TSR
Regular

Yes, the Three_WIFI AP *IS* available and working at Tottenham Court Road, Leicester Square for example.

However, it *IS NOT* available or working at Waterloo or on the Elizabeth Line platform between Moorgate and Liverpool Street.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @TSR,

The list of supported stations is definitely still the same. I've been advised only the method for access should have changed. Thanks for giving these other examples, I'm getting this queried further and will let you know what I hear back.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

jdmartin7
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan. Any update on this? I’ve been using the Elizabeth line daily and absolutely nothing comes up for 3. Super frustrating as it still works at all the other stations - guessing it just hasn’t been installed? 

To add to this the TFL WiFi has never worked either even though you get bars (obvs not a 3 issue but would be great to know when this will be available on the lizzy).

Jkm87
Fledgling

It looks like Three isn’t in any of the new Elizabeth line stations, virgin is but no three comes up. Is there an ETA for it to appear?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Jkm87,

The Three_WIFI service should be appearing in any station where you can see the Virgin access point, we're currently investigating this, but I can't offer a timescale at the moment.

I'll update this thread as soon as I have more information.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Emzoh90
Fledgling

Hi, any update on the wifi? I am using the Elizabeth line from Whitechapel to Ealing Broadway and I can confirm that there is no three wifi to join to at every station I stop at on the Elizabeth line. That is Whitechapel, Liverpool street, Farringdon, Tottenham Court Road, Bond Street and Paddington.

this is super frustrating not having signal for a good 30 minutes of my journey.

seeing as the other enquiries were made in November last year. I would urge you to do something as it doesn’t seem like much, if anything has been done?

iko5000
Fledgling

Hi Just to add to this , the Three wifi service is now and less stations since we moved away from the SSID. Virgin . I see more Virgin in central london than 3 . Infact three coverage is very very limited . I would like to Know the stations  we supposed to get 3 wifi service from .

Ik

Acdeag
Fledgling

You should be able to use the one called Virgin Media Wifi according to TFL. https://tfl.gov.uk/campaign/station-wifi