cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Passport

JalJunior001
Fledgling

Hi all,

I’m travelling to Dubai in December for 5 days and i’m looking at purchasing 5 data passports to cover me for data roaming while i’m there, but i just have a couple of questions. 

Has anyone used data passports while in Dubai before?

If i buy them in England the day before travel will that work or will it use my first data passport for the night in England? If so, how do I activate them in Dubai without been charged £6 per MB of data. 

Thanks,

Jack

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @JalJunior001,

The page @Anvil_Iron has linked is current and correct to the best of my knowledge. If anything doesn't go as expected please let me know though.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
Anvil_Iron
Rising star

Data Passports are activated upon arrival at a Data Passport destination when the phone first connects. Therefore you can buy as many as you need before going w/o them expiring. This is the same for Go Roam passport destinations.

The first passport will end at midnight GMT+1 (BST) and then it's onto the 2nd passport.

If your trip is 5 full days you may need to buy extra for the day you arrive and the day you leave.

JalJunior001
Fledgling

Thank you!

I think i understand, so just purchase 6 in the UK before i leave, as soon as land in Dubai and take my phone off aeroplane mode it will start using the passports?

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @JalJunior001,

The page @Anvil_Iron has linked is current and correct to the best of my knowledge. If anything doesn't go as expected please let me know though.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Gizmo
Fledgling

How do you purchase multiple data passports. Only option I see is to add 1 and no ability to change quantity? Thanks