cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming doesn't work

DarkPedals
Fledgling

Been a Three customer for a LONG time. Roaming always worked prior to Brexit and the introduction of roaming fees. I cannot remember the last time it worked because for the last few years I've relied on the Vodafone data connection on my other SIM card.

Setup: Pixel 7 Pro

Physical Three sim. Vodafone E-sim

When abroad, when I use data on the Vodafone E-Sim, it works fine. When I try to use the Three sim I don't get any '4G' / '5G' / 'H+' signal - it's like it doesn't *TRY* and connect to data.

Airplane mode is not enabled (durrr). Data IS enabled. Roaming IS enabled. I have plenty of data left. I have a whole bunch of Go Roam EU passes on my account (I only ever receive the 'whilst you're still in a go roam EU destination....' SMS  from Three when I make / receive a phone call).

I've tried in France, Germany, Spain, Portugal all with the same effect. As I say, it's like the phone doesn't even *try* and connect to data. Could there be something wrong with my physical SIM? I've NOT tried putting my SIM in a different phone (oddly enough, I don't have one to hand) so *potentially* my phone could be to blame but I doubt it.

2 REPLIES 2
Geluk
Key player

You need to contact 3 Cust. Service on 333 to get help, or CHAT.

Veronika88
Regular

Mostly abroad there is no time for a support 15 minutes chat especially when you don't have a connection