cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data Roaming

1Steve
Fledgling

Roaming charge £5 each day for unlimited data which has to renewed each day,

Why on earth can we not buy for the days away rather than one day at a time, or even a week at a time, month at a time etc.?

it seems that other providers are steeling the initiative. 

2 REPLIES 2
StephR
Employee
Employee

Hey @1Steve, thanks for joining us here at Three Community. 

Are you referring to our Data Passport? This does time out every day at midnight UK time, and you'll need to purchase a new Data Passport for the next day. We appreciate your feedback on this though, and it's certainly something we'll consider as we review our products and services. 

If you're referring instead to our standard Go Roam daily charge, this was a decision we came to after careful business consideration. We wanted to keep things simple, so we’ve let customers continue to access their domestic allowances abroad for a small and controllable fee.  An automated daily charge provides predicable billing, reducing the risk of bill shock and has no need for opt ins.

Thanks again for sharing your thoughts on our roaming options, and for being part of Three Community. 

StephR

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

AT
Fledgling

So, about the Data Passport. Wherever I happen to be, I have to set a reminder for 23:55 UK time, "disable push notifications" (I defy you to show me the button that does this!), ensure that I have a mobile data connection (as I *have* to use the phone and I *have* to use mobile data, not WiFi), wait for the clock to tick over and then make my purchase. Or more realistically, I get off the plane, my phone consumes a few megs of data at £6/MB, my spending cap is maxed out and my phone's basically broken for the rest of my visit. I've had some bad mobile provider experiences before but this takes the biscuit!