cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data completely cuts off from

SLC1021
Fledgling

In the last 5-6 days of my billing cycle my data completely cuts out! It shows and says 4G in the top corner but when I try to use anything other than calls and sms nothing connects or works until I hit wifi and then my phone blows up from messages/notifications I have not been able to receive all day! I don’t run out of data so it cannot be that! 

my billing cycle and data usage renews today yet I’m still having this problem when out and about! 

can anyone shed any light as to what the problem may be? The SIM card is only 10 months old, although my device is iphone12 approx 3 years old and all up to date. 

6 REPLIES 6
Clever-Trevor
Established

More lately I notice same - seems like it to some degree on all networks. I am guessing is ‘congestion’ - as will see 4G & say 1 or two bars but unable to use the internet ( even get the apple ‘relay’ service notice appear - saying will work when internet restores…..

I agree is a pain ! ( so I just try to use WIFI where possible. )…. But not ideal

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Clever-Trevor,

I can only really speculate with the info available but yeah the signal bars won't necessarily correlate with the speeds you obtain, but this could be congestion of local mast(s). Is this more of a general observation, or have you been able to check out any specific locations with our Network Status Checker? If there's severe or persistent congestion it ought to flag up as a known issue on there.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Clever-Trevor
Established

Hi Jonathan,

It’s quite random - and not a specific area - ( but is getting more frequent ) ……
( what I do notice is happens in 4G area ( as 5G seems better - )

Thanks

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SLC1021,

That sounds really frustrating, when you say this happens in the last 5-6 days of your bill cycle, how many times have you noticed this happening so far? Have you had a chance to check the Network Status Checker in case this is coinciding with an issue we're aware of?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

SLC1021
Fledgling

It has happened the last 3 months since I started a job where I cannot connect to wifi! Normally at work I had wifi and at home so never noticed it until I changed! It happened since June! I do the network checker which states it is fine but clearly is not 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SLC1021,

Thanks for getting back to me, and I'm sorry to hear this has been ongoing for so long now. It's really strange that your data works in these locations 24-25 days a month from what you're describing, so it does make it far less likely to be a Network/Coverage issue.

Are you able to use data again now, or is it currently not working? Based on your original post the data refreshed just over 2 weeks ago?

Thanks,
Jonathan