Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data roaming issue abroad

Xhollyx
Fledgling

Hi all,

I’m currently abroad and bought a Go Roam Pass which 3 have told me (via text) is activated. Unfortunately I can only text and call but not get online. I have tried a few times over Live chat to get help from 3 but no solutions have worked so far (reset network settings, off on again, manually choose service) and am wondering if anyone has any alternative solutions? Roaming is on and I can’t seem to see any other issues which would affect this. 
thank you 

3 REPLIES 3
DanniD
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi Holly, 

That doesn't sound great at all. We can see why you'd be keen to get online, especially when you're abroad at the moment. Despite this issue, we hope you're having a nice time. 

Do you know if you have a spend cap set up at all? If so, this can cause a few issues and stop you from roaming so try and remove this and let us know how you get on. 

Thanks
Danni

down2load
Fledgling

I'm having exactly the same issue.

Checked and I have no data cap.

Can't actually get roaming to turn on (the setting shows on but the icon in status bar doesn't show "R"). Have tried with other SIMs and have no issue.

I've run a ping and when switching airplane mode off then on I get a single successful pin then back to failing packets.

I really don't understand what's occurring. Doesn't seem to be coverage based as I was in both an airport then a separate large city and it didn't work in either.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @down2load,

This sounds really frustrating, we hope it's not disrupting your trip too much!

If you're still away, it's worth checking manual Network or Carrier selection to see if the same issue persists on all the available network providers where you are.

If this is still an issue, or if you've returned in the meantime, we'd recommend to get in touch, customer services can make sure there's definitely no bars or caps against Data Roaming affecting your account.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!