cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead line when number unanswered

longhotsummer
Fledgling

I recently had Three turn off my voicemail.  Now, when my Three number is unanswered after perhaps 10 rings the ringing tones stop and an endless period of silence on the line begins.  The caller does not know what is happening.  The other problem for me is that I divert my landline to my Three number.  Each time the call is unanswered and the landline caller reaches the Three line silence, my landline provider records it and (once the Caller finally hangs up) emails me a recording of the silence and at my expense!  I tried Three Live Chat and the operator suggested I check to see if I have a diversion set up.  I have only had this number for a few days and have never set up any diversions.

I'd be grateful for ideas, please.  Thanks.

13 REPLIES 13
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @longhotsummer@Sye,

I've sent you a PM to get you in touch with an escalated team who should be able to help solve this.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Sye
Regular

Hi, in response to the DM you just sent... I've already had a chat conversation to the social media team about 4 days ago and they said they'll try to activate and deactivate voicemail (which three customer service has done previously to no avail). This obviously didn't work so they said there's nothing more they can do and said they'd get the technical team to look into it and get back to me within 72 hours but nothing! Three obviously don't know what to do apart from trying to activate and deactivate voicemail and the social media teams job isn't really technical enough to sort this issue out! No one seems to know how to resolve this issue!!!

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Sye,

Thanks for clarifying that you've already been in touch with the team. We've used that info to check into this, and we think we've identified a solution. Can you check if your Voicemail service has been properly deactivated now?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.