cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does fair use policy apply to Data Passports or is it truly unlimited

Linzid
Regular

Hi, does fair use policy apply to Data Passports or is it truly unlimited ?  Also, can the data provided by a passport be used as a hot spot for others ?  And again, would this still be part of unlimited access or would there be any caps on this for fair use ?

Thanks,  Linzi

Best solution
Best solution
MZone
Superstar

Have a look at this post here PeteG explained things very easily. Sorry @Anonymous for correcting you. 

View solution in conversation

10 REPLIES 10
MZone
Superstar

Have a look at the information here. 

Linzid
Regular

Thanks, I'd already read that.  Really just wanted a confirmation from someone on here that it's truly unlimited (including hotspot use) without any catches. Would be good to know if anyone's been caught out.

MZone
Superstar

Never needed to use one so sorry I can’t elaborate. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your fair use limit is 12 gb ! Over and above that you’re into surcharge territory.

MZone
Superstar

Incorrect. The Data Passport will cover the data usage immediately as you use it, the 12GB will not be used while the Passport is active on the account. If your Passport runs out, and you don't have one to replace it, you'd automatically start using some of your 12GB and get charged a daily roaming charge. Data passport also expires midnight UK time. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes you’re correct and I’m wrong! I can’t delete my post so it should be ignored.

Nirron
Fledgling

Going on holiday on Wednesday to USA and after making enquiries about Data Passport here, I thought I had it all worked out and straight in my head. Now not so sure. I believed I just had to buy a DP via the app (WIFI) when I was in US and keep buying them as needed. Now I have read about having to activate them via support, via call or text and not via WIFI, therefore probably having to incur a £5? charge just to set it up.. This reply also says DP runs out midnight UK time whereas the link provided makes it clear it is a true 24hr period? Any clarification and opinion before I go would be greatly appreciated, in case I have to phone or "chat" with support🤷‍♂️

MZone
Superstar

Have a look at PeteG’s comments ot these posts here and here

Best solution
MZone
Superstar

Have a look at this post here PeteG explained things very easily. Sorry @Anonymous for correcting you.