cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy Watch 5 & 6 Smart Pairing Shambles!

r0ck3t
Regular

I've spent literally over 12+ hours via wev chat but mostly phone in total trying to pair a Samsung galaxy watch 5 & 6 44mm lte to both my old but now "upgraded" account and a new "yourway" contract set up on Friday 11th August and with both accounts there is still no option to add smart pairing to my account on either number, I've been in contact with the escalation team, the complaints team and the technical team and no one knows what's going on! I'm apparently getting a phone call on Monday 14th August to rectify the problem, all complaints have been logged, I've officially been released from my old contract and the fees have been waived, I have also been given £120 good will compensation to come off of my new contract but as the smartpairing option isn't on my new "yourway" contract either I will be cancelling that also and moving over to EE on Monday afternoon. What Three are doing is illegal, they are advertising and selling a service and the watches they can't connect to people's existing or new contracts. I will be in contact with the financial ombudsman and my solicitor and suing Three. Three is a shamble of a network who are now pairing up with Vodafone (a company that does support smart pairing) so I would advise staying away from Vodafone from here on out as well! Anybody who is experiencing the same problem please message me or reply to this as it will be forwarded to my solicitor and the ombudsman. I've had enough, your company is beyond pathetic and practising illegal advertising and selling tactics in the UK when all your customer service agents are based in India. STAY WELL AWAY PEOPLE! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

8 REPLIES 8
sc1999
Local celebrity

On the community we only get people with some sort of technical issue. When 3 set up the community they were hoping for a positive exchange of thoughts, ideas and solutions. Unfortunately we only get the problems and rarely do people post their solutions. 

Too many of the solutions require input, and pm's, from moderators but I do wonder how many more stay silent and how many have no problems at all.

Sorry about your problems and I enjoyed reading your rant and I hope you feel better for it.

PS. I left EE because their contention ratios made their service unusable, not that 3 is in any way perfect. 

r0ck3t
Regular

Why would anyone post if they had no problems? Seems like a bit of a waste of time. I've also been with EE but transferred to 3 when they changed their prices but now they've teamed up with BT who I have an an amazing full fibre broadband account they now offer deals to us BT customers so I can get a better, more reliable service via them. Three however can't provide what they advertise even on the new accounts, I have an old and new account and still not able to pair with watch even though I was guaranteed this would work if I took out a new contract which took 3+ hours on the phone on Thursday to open! This is shocking customer service and should never happen in the first place!

Gunnytron
Fledgling

I too am having issues with pairing. Three support have now said that Samsung Watch 6 is only compatible with Samsung phones. I don't recall seeing the mentioned anywhere.

So now I either payout the rest of my contract and change providers, spend lots of money on a new phone I don't need/want or get a refund on the watch. I spoke to Samsung support and they said there's no reason why it shouldn't work and to try other networks.

I think it is going to be bye bye Three once my contract is up.

Gunnytron
Fledgling

So on further investigation, other people are having the exact same issue as me on other networks too, so it appears to me that, despite what Samsung told me, it is them that are the source of the issue. Presumably they want people to buy in to their ecosystem. Watch will now be returned for a refund.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @Gunnytron,

I'm sorry to hear it if this wasn't made clear when you were purchasing the watch. For cellular pairing, it needs to be like for like i.e Apple Watch to iPhone and Galaxy Watches to Galaxy phones. There's a bit more info on this here:

https://www.three.co.uk/support/sim-support/smartwatch-pairing-support

Sorry for any misunderstanding, but glad to hear this was cleared up in the end.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Gunnytron
Fledgling

Well you say that, but I ended up biting the bullet and getting a Galaxy S1 Ultra.

I got further with the process, but guess what? Now I get the "one of the fields is missing" error.

What I have tried:

Software update on phone

Resetting password (no special characters)

Linking only using data, no wifi

Downloading wear app via Samsung

Changing default browser to Samsung

Typing password first, email second (no auto fill)

Reset watch to factory settings

Set mobile networks on watch to always on

I think that just about covers it. I cant find any more things to try.

Gunnytron
Fledgling

So, I tried again this morning and it now works. Couldn't tell you why. Something to do with activating a sim in my new phone???

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thanks for confirming it's now working, please let me know if you see any other errors or odd behaviour.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.