cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

London coverage

MRDB90
Active

Hi, 

I live in the north east and been honest the coverage with three around here is spot on. Never had an issue. 

I’ve just got a new job that requires me to take trips to London frequently, I was there all last week. The coverage on three was terrible. Couldn’t use my phone in most of London, coverage was shocking. Even when I had bars things wouldn’t load.

My question is - is this common for London? Are all the networks the same in the capital or is it just three?

Thanks 🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Avondale
Rising star

@MRDB90 

I think it depends on what part of London you are in as just a few streets one way or another will make a difference. Also, the time of day and whether any masts are undergoing maintenance. Have you checked the Three coverage status and system update webpages for your area of London ?

I think that all networks have their good and not so good areas. You could check the other networks' websites or buy one or two PAYG SIMs if you want to experiment.    

linewait
Regular

I live in London.

I have been used to 3 coverage being relatively poor in rural areas, but recently I feel that it's become significantly worse in London. This is something I've noticed over, say, the past 6 months. At first I thought it was something to do with the introduction of 5g - often when I got a 5g signal the connection seemed to be very slow. But I think it applies whether I'm on 5g or not. Sometimes I just won't have any reception but more often I'll have plenty bars on the phone, the data connection will just be very slow. Like you describe.

I'm not able to compare to other networks though. I have been thinking of getting a PAYG SIM to see - and decide if I should just leave 3.

Dnkat
Fledgling

No Signal in UB55 postcode

Hi anyone else got no signal in the UB55 area? Three support is useless, coverage checker will not recognise my postcode yet it will if I search for a local store.The live chat is useless no response at all and nobody answering a phone. Totally usles...