cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Roam combined with Data Passport

tarantella
Involved

If I use a Data passport in the USA (£5 per day), will I also incur a £5 Go Roam charge, meaning that I'll be charged £10 a day?

3 REPLIES 3
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

If you're only using the data while the Data Passport is active, then you won't be charged a daily fee on top for the data used. 

It's important to remember though that the daily charge is applied whenever any allowances are used, not just data. If that happens, you would be charged for daily roaming as well. It's also worth mentioning that your daily roaming charge becomes applicable again at midnight in the destination you are at, but the data passport expires at midnight UK time, so you'll want to make sure to keep an eye on the expire time for the Passport whenever you're using the data. 

Pete. 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Ouch! Good case to leave your 3 SIM at home and buy a local one. Amazon US will deliver to the UK if you order a week or two before you leave.

tarantella
Involved

At the moment my plan is to switch off both data roaming as well as switch off mobile data, and only use WiFi. 

That way I can still receive incoming calls and texts, and there should be zero charges.