cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Go Roam with Data Passport combined – fair use?

GreenOak
Fledgling

I have purchased both data passports and Go Roam passes to cover an upcoming trip – both sets of passes cover the c 2 week trip. (The Go Roam passes were purchased in error). The locations are covered by both data passport and Go Roam destinations.

Question:

Will the Data Passport work as soon as the 12 gb 'fair use' limit is reached on the Go Roam passes?

My concern is reaching the 12 gb 'fair use' limit will shut off my data completely, regardless of any Data Passport.

[Not sure if relevant – The Go Roam passes were purchased first, so I understand these will be activated first…]

Obviously I absolutely want to avoid any need to contact customer service while away.

Help appreciated

3 REPLIES 3
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hey.

Welcome to the Three Community. 

The Data Passport will cover the data usage immediately as you use it, the 12GB will not be used while the Passport is active on the account. If your Passport runs out, and you don't have one to replace it, you'd automatically start using some of your 12GB. 

Your Go Roam Passes will activate if you use any of the 12GB (so not having an active Passport), or if you use any calls or texts while you're roaming. 

Pete.

GreenOak
Fledgling

Ah thanks Pete… so that means I can have both a Go Roam Pass and a Data Passport active at the same time on the same account?

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

No worries.

Yeah, that's right. Both can be active at once. You could for example use your data while data passport is active without using any calls or texts that day. This would mean you didn't actually use the Go Roam pass that day, and the days left shouldn't reduce.

If you make a call or send a text, 1 of the days from the Go Roam pass will be used, or if you don't have a data passport active but use data, the same thing happens. 

Pete.