cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inexplicable data usage abroad

Snoodle
Fledgling

I’ve found a number of posts about this issue last year but none recent, I saw that moderators were investigating and wondered if I could get any help before I go to the ombudsman as three refuse to take any responsibility. I’m mid way through a 2 week holiday to Greece, arrived last Thursday and within an hour got a text saying I’d used all my data roaming allowance. I’ve been unable to use my phone since other than WiFi. Yesterday I rung customer service to be told it could have been used by a maritime network! (I flew and had phone in airplane mode the whole time) I’ve also been billed an extra £45. I can’t tell you how mad I am, I’m a regular traveller and never once had this issue. I raised it as a complaint and was basically told I’ve used it up and nothing they can do other than me pay a fiver a day for the remainder of my holiday.  do not believe I’ve used 12gb data plus 45 worth whilst travelling. No one seemed to listen to that, I can’t see how it’s physically possible!! Any advice would be appreciated. They wouldn’t refund the £45 either which just fumed me more, if I knew I’d spent it and actually had some use out of it I’d just own it and pay it. 

2 REPLIES 2
MZone
Superstar

Members have reported the smallest amounts of data when using iOS devices that has triggered the £2 a day go roam charge but not the amounts of data you are suggesting. If you have made a complaint and had their final response then next step would be the ombudsman. Good lick and let us know what happens. 

Snoodle
Fledgling

Thanks il contact them today, I’ve only been with three a year and this has really put me off, it was so stressful trying to speak to them yesterday. It’s totally unreasonable as a response