Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue calling call centres

SAM5
Fledgling

For months I have had an issue making outgoing calls to call centres. I can call a regular number with no issues, I can receive a call from anyone and anywhere with no issue but whenever I call somewhere that I have to use 'press 1' etc when the person answers the call it seems to drop in and out of signal.

E.g. I call the doctors, press 1 for reception and when they answer they can only hear parts of what I'm saying, if they call me back its clear and no issues

I call my energy supplier, press a number for a particular department and when they answer they can only hear part of what I'm saying.

The trouble with this is I tried to call the police, hospitals anywhere and I know they cannot hear what im trying to tell them and if they call me back its fine but not everyone can or will agree to call me back and then I'm left with no way to contact them.

What on earth is the issue?! My husband has the sane model phone on the same network bought at the same time and he has never had any problems.

2 REPLIES 2
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @SAM5,

This sounds really frustrating. I've not seen this precise issue before, but if your husband has the same phone on Three too, then it must not be a universal issue. I'd recommend narrowing down whether the issue is with your SIM/Account or with the phone.

If you swap the SIM cards between the two phones and test if the problem follows your SIM, or stays with your phone, this should hopefully help confirm which has the problem.

Let me know if you're able to try that, and if it helps narrow things down!

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

SAM5
Fledgling

Thank you, I'll try that out and see what happens