cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving 3

dontknow
Regular

I’m very dissatisfied with the service so I’m finally leaving 3. I know there are many others unhappy with Three and people need to realise that the only way to change things is to leave as Three don’t really care about your complaints until they actually start losing your ££. 

I initially switched to 3 (PAYG) because VF stopped free EU roaming. But recently there have been serious problems with the network in my area (worse than usual) and I’ve found Three’s response to be a complete joke. Im in the middle of south London and not able to even send a text message or load up a website using my phone in certain areas. The network status page has been saying that there are issues for weeks now and that is all the information we’re getting. Others on 3 in the area are experiencing the same problems and I keep on having to ask my friends (on other networks) to hotspot me all the time which gets embarrassing (my workplace doesn’t provide us WiFi unfortunately)

I reached out to the chat team who told me it would get fixed by a certain date, it of course never got fixed. I reached out again and got told the same lie. Third time they tried telling me everything is fine and that it’s my device that’s the problem (hilarious) Then they wanted to check my account and requested my account details for verification so I gave them, then they started accusing me of not being the account holder and that I’m breaking data protection rules as my details weren’t matching the system and I had to spend an hour telling them that the details are correct until they realised they’d assumed I was a pay monthly customer and so they were searching for the account on the wrong system instead of the PAYG one (like why would you not check with the customer first what they are if it matters so much??). the customer service is just incompetent. (This is the standard chat team I’m talking about, not the social chat team who are a bit better)

So this has all frustrated me so much that I’ve decided to request a PAC and I’m leaving even though I’ll lose lots of £s in credit which I accumulated. Who cares if 3 have amazing 5G speeds if as soon as you leave the 5G areas the service becomes literally unusable?? I’d rather have a mobile service that works fairly well everywhere than one that works amazingly in some places but very badly in others. 

I will really miss the free roaming though which is what has kept me on Three for so long, and the Three+ app…

3 REPLIES 3
sc1999
Local celebrity

I moved from EE because of their erratic performance, 100meg at 6 am and 1 by 10am. I did not realise that 3 was nowhere as good as I remembered them to be. I bought an O2 sim and found out they a far worse than they used to be and Vodafone have never been much cop in my area. I think that the mobile companies have been to successful in flogging home broadband that they cannot install new bandwidth fast enough. 

Good luck with you new supplier.

StephR
Employee
Employee

Hi @dontknow 

I'm really sorry you've had such a frustrating experience, and that we weren't able to resolve things for you.

Did you ever speak with our dedicated Pay As You Go team, so they could investigate these issues further for you? I appreciate that you've already asked for your PAC, but you can find the team online here if you'd like to. If you give them another try, they should escalate your issues on to our technical team.

We're investing massively in our network as part of our Big Network Build. If you do decide to move on, we wish you the very best with your new provider but hope to see you back at Three in the future with a better experience.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

Gary
Involved

What are you and three doing about pairing issues as they just keep telling me it will work on the 10th twice now 

If no one can fix it just say and I’ve contacted trading standards and CAB and they say they are in breach of contract so please help