cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTU for XBOX live mutliplayer gaming on 5g home broadband

Lexx289
Fledgling

I am struggling to get my Xbox to work on Xbox live. Doing some googling it seems that the MTU is too low, it is 1360 and should be about 1385 to be able to work properly. I have rung three who seem to have no knowledge of what an MTU is and have sent me to the ombudsman. I have logged into the router (H122-373) and increased the MTU manually however it will not pull through onto my XBOX. I have put it in the DMZ, enabled UPNP and generally faffed with it as much as i can but the MTU on the XBOX does not change. I am assuming this is what is being sent from three and so it is something to be changed at three's end...

Does anyone else have any experience of this, or have any issues with XBOX live and home broadband 5g? or can they get it to work, cheers

103 REPLIES 103
robertyork2001
Fledgling

I'm getting the same MTU problem and can not use Xbox party chat at all I have tired two different WiFi boxes from three nr5103e and nr5103ev2 plus hotspot from my 5g three mobile this has been going on for almost 2 months now and I'm about ready to cancel my three broadband if this isn't fixed soon 

Did you find a solution?  I am with the same Zyxel NR5103 box (got 2 of them and both the same).  Neither work with the Xbox because of some MTU issue.

Strangely, connecting the Xbox to a wifi hotspot on my Android phone (also on the three network - well, ID Mobile - does not experience this problem.

Mazdan
Fledgling

Yea I’m having the same MUT problem why don’t you stop blaming the customers devices and fix your broadband 

Jack2
Fledgling

Everything works for me except party chat for some reason.