cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobile data not working in Europe

User
Fledgling

Hi there, my mobile data does not work in Europe.

3 REPLIES 3
Lucyspy
Fledgling

Mine doesn’t either. I’ve been told I have a problem with my sim 🤷‍♀️

linewait
Regular

I had the same problem, starting on Saturday.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @User@linewait@Lucyspy,

Are you getting any sort of error messages or notifications about this?

Is the issue data only, and you can see that you're connecting to a roaming network?

If you have access to My3 over Wi-Fi then I'd recommend checking in case your spend limit is stopping you from triggering the Go Roam charge. There's also a Credit Limit and a Data Roaming Limit (default £45) on all accounts, these aren't visible on My3 but customer services should be able to check if these are causing any issues.

Otherwise, in case it's a local network issue, or an issue with your phone/SIM syncing up with a particular network you can also try manual network selection. This varies from phone to phone but generally in your network settings, there'll be an option for network or carrier selection. If this is set to manual, you'll see a list of available networks currently in range and can select these one by one to check if you get service.

If you use manual network selection make sure to set this back to automatic when you arrive back in the UK, or when you cross any borders.

Let me know if any of this helps.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.