cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Daughter Has Gone Abroad and after 2 Days SIM Card Not Being Recognised

adam_w
Fledgling

My daughter has gone to Europe and is currently in France. After working for 2 days the phone no longer recognises the SIm Card. Three customer service keep telling her to manually select the network but because the SIM isn't recognised you cannot get to that screen it defaults to the eSIM setup. According to Three roaming is set up and she has bought a 14 day Go Roam pass - but it is only showing as two days being used - 13th and 14th and then no passes since. Three customer service are terrifyingly bad - they suggested she go to a local phone shop, which she did but they simply tried to sell her a French SIM.

Is there any chance Three are going to fix this or should I advise her to buy a European SIM and then cancel our Three contracts when she gets back?

7 REPLIES 7
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello.

That's quite strange for that to happen randomly. You mentioned that it's directing her to an eSIM set up page, is it an eSIM she has now, or a physical SIM? 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Chatty123
Fledgling

My son is having the same issues but his is with an eSIM ..three have been no help whatsoever to solve the issue. Which means he is stuck abroad with ability to access his bank as he’s unable to receive the code in text 

PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello. 

To confirm, your son is having the same error? It's showing the eSIM is not recognised? 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Chatty123
Fledgling

Just keeps showing no service .. all three say is that he needs to be in uk to activate it . When he initially activated his original eSIM when in the states .

this I may add is after several hours nd several live chats lots of frustration when they say they can’t continue until he confirms his identity by sending them the sms code they send. Takes ages to get through to them that  he has no service  .. 

Chatty123
Fledgling

I feel your frustration. My sons has been working great for over 6 months then suddenly stopped working whilst he was abroad and still no solution 3 weeks later .. he threatened to cancel the contract saying he’s paying for a service they are not providing But they just reply with the ££ it will cost him 

Chatty123
Fledgling

Just an update for anyone else with eSIM issues overseas. My son has phoned them once again and once again spoke to someone in the technical team , who, after read in through all the numerous chats from the last three weeks eventually said he would solve the issue for him, and it turns out 3 had TURNED OFF  the data roaming on their side … terrible incompetence from three .. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Chatty123,

I'm sorry to hear that this was the cause of the issue, but glad to hear it has been sorted out in the end. Thanks for sharing your experience and feedback, hopefully this will help solve or avoid similar issues.

Thanks,
Jonathan