cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NR5103E not connecting to Dell laptop

AndrewM
Fledgling

I’ve just spent a couple of hours on the phone to my company’s IT department and they’ve summed up the issue quite well:

User has got a new Three router, that all their devices have connected to. However, their work laptop connects but is unable to access the internet. User can connect this laptop to their mobile hotspot (also on Three) and the internet works. 

Troubleshooting:
Restarted the router, and laptop.
Held power button down for 20 seconds, and turned back on.
Changed auto config script to auto proxy.
Disabled IPV4 Checksum.
Signed user out of Zscaler and stayed signed out.
Updated Wi-Fi drivers.
Set router to IPV4 only.
Flushed DNS cache.
Set default DNS server to 8.8.8.8, with alternate of 8.8.4.4.

Still not worked, user is unable to connect to the internet on the router. Advised to speak to 3 to see if anything may be blocking the laptop from connecting. User will let us know what 3 suggests/has done.

Best solution
Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AndrewM,

Is your work laptop configured to only access the Internet through a work VPN? We've had a few reports of issues connecting to VPNs, and of some devices failing to connect since a recent firmware update. In all cases I've seen so far, setting the APN mode to manual and using the 3internet APN on IPv4 only seems to be the solution.

There's more info on FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection let me know if that seems to solve this issue for you too.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

View solution in conversation

4 REPLIES 4
Geluk
Key player

Take your router into your IT Dept., with your laptop, for them to fix.

Best solution
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @AndrewM,

Is your work laptop configured to only access the Internet through a work VPN? We've had a few reports of issues connecting to VPNs, and of some devices failing to connect since a recent firmware update. In all cases I've seen so far, setting the APN mode to manual and using the 3internet APN on IPv4 only seems to be the solution.

There's more info on FYI : IPv6 Prevented VPN Connection let me know if that seems to solve this issue for you too.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Ktan302
Fledgling

Hello JonathanB

Since last saturday I am facing issue while connecting my 3 home broadband to laptop as well as my Roku OS TV. (Working fine on android mobiles )

I did all the above steps on laptop not sure how I can do setrings on TV.

I did replace my hub as well as my sim card. Still no luck

Could you please suggest something ?

AndrewM
Fledgling

Thanks for this. I can confirm switching to Three.co.uk from 3internet on the webapp did the trick. Thank you!