cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Hub Blocking Some Services

cmbmore
Fledgling

This week I upgraded from my 3yo Huawei router to the 4G Home Broadband hub and I should've just stayed out of contract and cope with the lower speeds of my old hub.

When I use my Cisco AnyConnect to work from home, I am unable to access anything via the internet. When I switch the VPN off, the issue goes away. I needed to be able to work so I put my sim back into my old hub and everything worked fine.

Another issue that only occurs with this hub is that I am unable to connect to any crossplay games on my Xbox. All other online games are perfectly fine but Dead by Daylight and Tiny Tina's Wonderlands are unable to connect to their online servers. Once again, if I switch back to my old hub, everything is fine.

I am also unable to download any games on Steam on my PC. I can browse the store no problem, but it says 'no internet connection' when I try to download anything. Updates seems to download fine though

I tried to use a DMZ for my Xbox, but that had no luck. I also turned off my firewall to see if that helped either issue, but it didn't.

The adult content filter was switched off when I first rang up about these issues, but that hasn't fixed anything. I really need these problems fixed or else there isn't much point in having a hub and might as well go back to using my phone hotspot for wi-fi. Has anyone got any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like the APN.  The default on many routers these days is three.co.uk which uses CGNAT (Carrier Grade Network Address Translation) which basically blocks incoming connections.  Using the 3internet APN is supposed to allocate you a public route able IP address which let's your system accept incoming connections.  However since the national outage 3internet APN does not seem to be working for me, but maybe worth a shot in your case?

cmbmore
Fledgling

Interestingly enough, I was already on 3internet but switched over to three.co.uk just for funsies and that seems to have sorted everything, odd but I'll take it. Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is odd, but odd seems to be Three's modus operandi these days!