cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No 4G or 5G signal?

aanire
Fledgling

So here is my problem.  Wednesday 4G signal went from 4-5 bars to either 0 or 1 bar, unable to make any calls, use data etc.  There is full 3G but my iPhone will not allow me to switch to 3g,  and because the phone detects enough 4G signal to display 3 it won't automatically switch to 3g.  3 say they don't detect any problem.  The issue happens at home and work, at home however it does switch to 3g as there must be zero 4g/5g signal but I can use wifi at home so now problem, the problem is at work, I've a phone that doesn't work and no one can detect an issue.

9 REPLIES 9
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, aanire. 

Welcome to the Three Community. 

It's disappointing to hear the signals dropped so drastically for you since Wednesday. Normally with a network issue causing such a drastic reduction to the signal, it would be picked up during the checks. 

How far apart are your home and work addresses? When speaking to the team, were both addresses checked for you? 

Pete.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

aanire
Fledgling

Both locations are about 3 miles apart.  Both postcodes check, only my home one was showing issues but I suspect it’s also covering my work address.  I was told all would be resolved by 13th, it’s now 13th and not fixed and what’s worse now both postcodes are apparently not showing any issues.  Indoor or outdoor at best I’m getting 1 bar which can not be used, previously out door I maybe got 4/5 bars 4G and occasionally 2 bars 5G, I get zero 5G now, I do get full 3G in this area but this dodgy 4G tower prevents the phone switching to 3G

aanire
Fledgling

https://imgur.com/a/GBU1zCc This screen record shows the problem.  You’ll see my location Bt45 *** on maps,  i then go into Speedtest to perform a Speedtest as you see it doesn’t work because of no data connection, you’ll also see my 1 bar 4G signal 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @aanire,

I'm sorry to hear about this disruption to your connection the last few days. It sounds really frustrating that there's nothing showing up on our checkers too. I'll send a PM so that we can get you more help with this.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

aanire
Fledgling

I contacted the CEO regarding this who in turn passed it back down the chain of command, getting no where, promised dates for it to be fixed but it never is.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @aanire,

I'm sorry that this route hasn't worked out for you, if you check my PM there's another option to escalate your complaint there.

Hope this helps,
JonathanB

aanire
Fledgling

Well I tried this route who didn’t do anything, sent me back to the ceo route.  I’ll give this another few weeks then I will raise a complaint with the communication ombudsman 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Sorry @aanire, we may have had a misunderstanding before. Is it the Executive Office you've been dealing with?

aanire
Fledgling

Yes that’s it.  They call every few days, typically goes same way “Has it been fixed? No, oh very sorry it’ll be fixed by xxx I’ll call back the day after to confirm it’s fixed” repeat 5 times and here we are.  Meanwhile the network checker says no problems, they kick the can down the road hoping the problem resolved itself