Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data with a data roaming pass in Portugal

SH398
Fledgling

I have a go roam pass I am in Portugal but the data doesn’t work no internet I can text ( not iMessage) and make calls. Do I have to change do I have to change the APN in mobile  network from. Three.co.uk 

2 REPLIES 2
Fraze
Fledgling

I am having the same issue in Portugal today.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @SH398,

three.co.uk is the correct APN to use for a phone connection. You may want to try resetting the APN settings from that screen, just to be certain that your APN settings are correct.

As you can call and text, it's best to double check that Data Roaming is also on in your settings.

You can also try toggling airplane mode on for a few seconds then back off, as this will briefly disconnect you from the roaming network and may refresh your connection.

It's also worth checking carrier/network selection in your settings. This is on automatic by default, but if you switch automatic off, you can try manually selecting any Portuguese networks you're in range of, just in case there's some local fault.

If all else fails, please get in touch with customer services, they can make sure that roaming is active, and that you don't have any bars stopping you from connecting for roaming data.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!