cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Mobile Data

PaulRH
Fledgling

Hi,

I suddenly lost internet access on mobile. I have tried everything including a full factory reset.

I even tried the sim in 2 other phones & got the same problem. I contacted 3 via chat & they sent a new sim. This worked for about 2 days then it stopped again. I was on chat with 3 last night for over 2 hours trying every solution they had. Nothing worked.

I have 2 bars of 5G showing on my mobile but still have no internet access. I asked if there was a block my account even though I haven't missed a bill payment. They say there is nothing showing on my account, so everything should work.

The tech help has given up & passed it on for further help. I was told it might be up to 7 days before 3 gets back to me.

Anyone else had this problem & how was it fixed?

7 REPLIES 7
sc1999
Local celebrity

I have to ask the silly question but is mobile data turned on on your phone?

PaulRH
Fledgling

Yes it is. It was the first thing I checked.

Also, when mobile data is switched off, the 4G or 5G indicator disappears off the screen (I've just checked).

Mamcleod
Regular

Same problem, any help would be great 

sc1999
Local celebrity

Bars on your phone show signal strength but not available data bandwidth.  You can have one without the other.

james-90
Fledgling

Did anyone get a resolution to this? I haven't got anywhere with 3 aside from your account is active.

Tried every workaround with toogling each setting and resetting the network settings.

I swapped over my SIM into a different phone and have the same issue - so it has to be 3 or the SIM card itself.|

So frustrating!

PaulRH
Fledgling

Update after 4 months!!!

Still nothing is working. I have now changed to an e-sim and still have the same problem. I told 3 that it has to be an account problem. All they did is "re-set" my account, which resulted in a complete signal loss for a few minutes & then 3 never called me back to see if it had worked.

I have now bought a data only sim from another company (this uses the 3 network!) I'm using this for my data (so no problems with my phone) and the e-sim for my calls. 

I tried to get my PUK code to get away from 3 but the T & C's say I have to pay the balance of my contract (Sim only 100GB per month -  24 months) before I will get this. So I'm Stuck until next March. Paying for something I'm not getting.

I've been a customer for maybe 10 years, so I'm giving 3 every opportunity to fix this before I leave for good.

They sent me survey a few days after my last call. They got 1's & 0's and a lengthy response as the why the low score. That was 2 weeks ago & still no reply.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @PaulRH,

That's really disappointing to hear this still hasn't been resolved for you. I've sent you some info to link you in with some colleagues that can take a closer look into these issues.

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.