cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Little Clarity please - Go Roam Daily Passes

MummaMac23
Fledgling

I upgraded my phone last year and am going to turkey on Sunday. 

Looking at the charges I have come across the below 

"Go Roam charges

If you joined or upgraded after October 2021, depending on your plan, you’ll have up to 56 Daily Roaming passes included in your plan annually. After this, we’ll charge £7 to unlock your call, text, and data allowance up to a 12GB fair usage limit for 24 hours in a Go Roam Around the World Extra destination.

With Go Roam, you can:

• Use up to 12GB of data from your monthly plan
  • Use up to 3000 minutes from your monthly plan to call UK standard landline and mobile numbers or your voicemail
  • Make calls for £1.40 per minute to standard landline or mobile numbers in a Go Roam Around the World Extra destination
  • Send up to 5000 texts from your monthly plan to the UK
  • Receive calls and texts from any number for free"

Does this mean I will have 56 days per year before I start getting charged? 

I have unlimited everything so looking at this in theory I shouldnt receive any charges? 

3 REPLIES 3
MZone
Superstar

Depends on your plan. Have a look at the guides here. 

MummaMac23
Fledgling

This still doesnt make any sense to me! I will contact 3 and ask them to clarify. 

I am on unlimited data and unlimited mins plan and this was from July 2023 so looking at that I would assume I get 56 daily roaming passes within my plan? The guides arent very clear. I just want to make sure I am not going to get charged for something that should be within my plan 

MZone
Superstar

You only get some roaming included if upgraded or took a new connection after October 21 if you are on a Three Your Way ‘Value’ or ‘Complete’ tariff. So you need to check your bill to see what deal you are on. If not on any of them you have to pay to unlock daily roaming.