cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving text messages from Poland

MrsHonest
Fledgling

I do not receive text messages from abroad(Poland) has anyone got the same problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Paddiewack
Superstar

I’ve read of this happening before not just on the Three network but other networks as well so for that reason I don’t think it’s an issue related to Three uk. It’s more than likely to be a problem on the Polish side either funds related or network/handset. You could always check with customer service here just to be sure but I think you’ll find it’s nothing to do with them.

Just as an afterthought,ask the person/people in Poland if it says something along the lines of “message sent” and obviously ensure they’re using the +44 prefix when sending.

Good luck.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @MrsHonest,

Are you not receiving messages from one Polish number or several? If this is from multiple numbers are they all with the same Polish provider? Are affected numbers able to call you successfully? These questions may help establish how to proceed.

One quick thing you can check is whether your phone may be treating the messages as spam. Try checking the following:

On Android you open the Messages app, then click on the menu in the top right, and you'll usually have a "Spam and Blocked" option.

For iPhones there should be a couple of relevant settings in Settings > Messages. "Message Filtering" and "Blocked Contacts" should appear in this menu.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.