cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting number issue

JerryLin
Fledgling

I joined Three recently and transfer my number from EE.

The new Three sim had been inserted into my phone around 1 - 2 weeks before the transfer day, which I was able to use it with the temporary number, which I presume it had been activated sucessfully. I then changed back to my old EE PAYG sim and wait until the transfer day to come.

On the transfer day, I inserted the Three sim again today. From Three website it states that a message would be received on successful porting, which was not received. I found that I cannot receive call and text messages from my wife who is still on EE network (her calls and messages would go back to my number on EE network, which I confirm with inserting my old EE PAYG sim into another phone).

The calls from those from non-EE network would be received without issue and my number would be correctly display on others phone when I tried to call someone while on the Three sim. 

Please look into the issue and help to resolve it. Thank you very much. 

4 REPLIES 4
JerryLin
Fledgling

Problem solved, sorry for disturbing everyone

(Before posting I raised the issue to Live Chat, which disconnected accidentally while chatting and I wasn't sure if the problem has been solved. Eventually I found the issue has been solved successfully. Thanks Ashwald on Live Chat)

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JerryLin,

Welcome to the Three Community. Glad to hear this was sorted out and that your number port has now been completed successfully.

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Barbarab6980
Regular

OMG - what was the issue as I have exactly the same problem and live chat cannot help

Sjh78
Fledgling

Hello

i ported my number 31 may 23 transfer to take place Monday 5th June today Friday 9th June still no one can call my number.

I have been calling three daily I am so frustrated I am a mum of 3 no school doctor aftercare have my temp number because I didn’t think it would take this long to get resolved.

Last night i managed to get phone number changed iMessages FaceTime set up temp number is now gone but you can not call either number as they are both now recognised this is a totally mess up on behalf of three simple job which should take a day. It’s now the weekend they will fill me with rubbish that it can’t be done what another 48 hours I am done!