cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot receive calls or texts on payg sim

Lostguy12
Regular

I received a payg simcard replacement the previous one I lost and I had it blocked it. the replacement I received  has been activated about 2 weeks ago I have signal(bars) but I cannot receive calls or texts not even my voicemail for some reason or the 333 number, it tells me sorry it has not been possible to connect your call to every single number I try to call.

When I receive calls I get the person you have dialled cannot accept this call. messages don't work either when I am texted it shows sent but I don't receive them. I tried to login to the three app and can't even receive a verification text. I also topped it up 5 pounds today. I have tried most of the trouble shooting methods ie turned the phone on and off turned on/off airplane mode tried it in another phone and reset network settings still experiencing the same issue I have a OnePlus 8 if that helps. live support is insisting that my phone is fine. Not sure how to fix the problem if it is an issue with the sim or carrier if anyone has experienced this problem advice would be greatly appreciated.

10 REPLIES 10
Geluk
Key player

Perhaps visit your local THREE store to get assistance.

Lostguy12
Regular

I tried but they had no idea either

MZone
Superstar

Call customer service on 333 from a 3 phone or 0333 338 1001 from another phone. 

Lostguy12
Regular

I tried that it says you're service does not allow access to this number. I called from another phone and they said go to live chat as they deal with PAYG queries 

Barbarab6980
Regular

That's no good because they want to send you a text to confirm it;s you before speaking. You cam't receive the text

SuziM
Employee
Employee

Hey @Lostguy12! Thank you so much for posting in our Community! 

It sounds like you're having an absolute nightmare trying to get your SIM to start working properly again. No wonder you're reaching out to see if others have had the same problem ❤️

Personally, we haven't seen this happening so it's possible that this is a SIM issue - now, you mentioned that you were advised, correctly, to reach out to our PAYG team. Have you been able to do this yet?

If not, that's not worry at all. I've linked you to the Support Page here where you can also find the chat link if you scroll down towards the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps! 

SuziM x 

Lostguy12
Regular

Yes I have they told me my SIM is active and it should be working I do have signal bars.But No matter what I do I can't receive calls or messages even from 3 to register to the my three app. is it possible that my sim card is barred as I registered it as lost before I got my replacement? Would getting another replacement SIM help

SuziM
Employee
Employee

@Lostguy12 It shouldn't be? If you got a replacement SIM card for your same number, then the activation of this card would have unsuspended the account automatically. 

Without sounding patronising, is your SIM definitely in the right position in the right slot?

If it is, and you've exhausted every other avenue, it may be worth getting one last replacement SIM card if you visit us in store with photo ID. Failing that, you can always pick up a brand new one with a new number 😊 

SuziM x

Lostguy12
Regular

Yes I checked again and it is.ill try get a new sim card in store then in that case