cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems using hotspot in Spain

Jessiedog123456
Fledgling

Hi, we are in Spain. Both my wife and I are trying to use our Android mobile phones as hotspots for our children and for work. We have done this in Greece and France for many years with no problems at all. Our signal here is great on our phones with Yoigo ( Spanish network) and we can use internet with no problems but when others use our hotspot they get no internet. We have tried calling Three customer services several times and get told to reset network settings etc etc but nothing they suggest works.. Lady there today told me that it was not possible to use the hotspot even on data passport. This is absolute rubbish as it says you can on the website. She then said not possible to use in Spain. Is that true? I doubt it.This causing a lot of inconvenience for work and family, if someone out there has any advice or experience I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

James 

2 REPLIES 2
Clever-Trevor
Involved

Hi,

Not sure where you are in Spain & options for service.

When in Tenerife (was a while ago)  - found ‘personal hotspot’ worked on Moviestar 

I suggest you try to manual connect to services & see what works……

however, is a pain…. As should ‘just work’ 

Jessiedog123456
Fledgling

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I changed over to Movistar but still no luck.3 Customer services have been worse than useless !