cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recurring daily roaming charges despite go Roam pass

atommyk
Active

There’s a previous thread where a bunch of us connected regarding roaming charges occurring during visits to various countries despite roaming being switched off: 

https://community.three.co.uk/t5/Network/Roaming-charges-whilst-data-roaming-turned-off/m-p/22762/em...

@JonathanB has been really helpful. But but I've travelled to Austria again and wasn't going to deal with the same issues, so the plan was to take out a 7-day go roam pass. Lo and behold, I logged into my Three account and found a 7-day Go Roam Pass for the EU already active. Despite that, however, I get daily texts advising the charge of the daily roaming charge which also shows in my unbilled events.

Ended up contacting Three support again, who advised to wait for the formal bill as they could see the Roaming pass active too and the roaming charges should be rectified prior to the bill being issued. Curious, to say the least. I suggested escalating this to tech support as I can't be the only person complaining about charges that are not correct, but I'm not convinced this has happened.

Overall, it makes you wanna pull your hair out. If I travel with roaming off I get charged anyway. If I travel with roaming on aiming to pay for a travel pass, I still receive charge notifications and end up contacting support (and wasting a good hour) again. I've got 15 months left with my current contract and want it to finish earlier so I can escape this recurring theme...

1 REPLY 1
atommyk
Active

IMG_8516.jpeg

And now I'm not only being charged £2 daily, I also received the warning that I've reached my fair use data limit - which is really rather odd as I haven't even used 12GB in total for this month. Honestly, Three, this all just smacks of incompetence. 

IMG_8517.png