cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming abroad

marceloziglioli
Fledgling

I have "upgraded" my plan around a month before traveling to USA for a holiday, why not "upgrade" isn't it, instead of £8 for 10gb now £10 for 30gb what a bargain, the only thing they forgot to tell me is that from that day i have lost the free roaming abroad and the worst is that i found this out just when i arrive in USA and my phone did not work anymore unless i pay £5 a day. What a total scam, and the worst part is that now i am stuck with a 2 years contract with this "amazing deal", I am going todo, as i travel a lot, and that is the only reason i choose 3 in the first place. Because the service is horrible, the phone is out of service even inside a supermarket or a shopping center. 

Complete disappointment, i will migrate to a decent provider asap, if u reading this, don't "upgrade" your plan 

4 REPLIES 4
Erickcth
Fledgling

That's a total scam.

I specifically ask if I need to pay extra for France as well, the support told that it's from the data alliance of the plan. Which it isn't because the hidden daily rate as well. I am trying to argue to cancel the 2 years contract, which data aboard was the only reason I didn't move to another company. No more Three

3Gcouk
Active

Oh dear. The roaming conditions on their website is "You can unlock your UK allowance for 24 hours in Go Roam destinations. It’s £2 in Go Roam in Europe, and £5 in Go Roam Around the World destinations. Republic of Ireland and Isle of Man are excluded from the daily roaming charge.

You signed up to a great deal but it seems unfair you lost free Romaing as a result. I would phone customer services and explain. They may give it back and also refund the roaming fees.

Pwcomp
Regular

Customer service just tell me you've got a new contract your stuck with it. 

Pwcomp
Regular

I have the same problem.   Not happy on holiday noise coming to try and charge me 180 pound a month roaming.  No eu law now to covered it as far as I'm concerned we should be able to get out of the two years as the contract is not fit for purpose. I'll go to ofcom if need be to get out of it.  This is really bad by three