cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roaming not working

YP19
Fledgling

Good Afternoon,

been having issues with my roaming, last month I was in Poland it work just fine I am in holiday in France and I can see is connecting to the roaming shows 4G but I cannot connect to the server. I ready restart the phone 6 time, i ready did the network restart like 5 times. I need my phone for GPS. 

5 REPLIES 5
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @YP19,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into issues with connecting from France.

I'm not completely clear on what you mean by connecting to the server. Is this an issue with data specifically, or are you unable to make and receive calls and texts too?

If it's specifically data that's the issue, then the first thing to double check is that "data roaming" is on in your settings.

You should be able to use the network provider abroad that your phone connects to automatically, but it's also worth trying to connect manually if running into issues. If you look for settings for "Network Selection" or "Carrier selection" and set this to manual instead of automatic, then try connecting to any other available providers in case there is a local issue. If you do this, make sure to set this back to automatic when back in the UK.

Please let me know if any of these suggestions help.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

GawainGK
Regular

we have the same problem, for the second time, and this time during a medical emergency where communications are vital, or would be if we had any.  .  I share the frustration of many others about being told to check that data roaming is on, but I suppose it's necessary.  my question is whether anyone has ever fixed this and if so how.  we've have tech support on via wifi and they have given up.  

Masonsmagic
Fledgling

Did you manage to sort it, cannot get roaming tried everything! 

ryzoft
Fledgling

I bought 3 go roam EU passes, and they don't even WORK... I'm stranded now with no data abroad in croatia, all the signs in Croatian. Complete nightmare. Sat in a call for 2 hours during my holiday and they tell me they cant solve it for 72 hours, and that wasn't even a certainty either, they MAY fix it within 72 hours. Utterly ridiculous, I'll have to goto a local shop and get a simcard for the rest of the trip. Such a hassle. 

Kaslfc

Three is the worst network when you go abroad the data never works, I’ve had this issue for years and they just tell you to activate go roaming even when it’s on. 

if I was you just get a data eSim for when you travel