cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMS texts not sending on New phone

kevinhsuh
Regular

Hi,

I have joined the 3 after transferring my number from EE, I have a new iPhone 13mini  from 3 every thing seem to be working but I can't send SMS texts.  I've tried the normal stuff Apple recommends switching iMessage off and on, checking mobile date is on. My number is is logged on the phone as my old one which is the number that was transferred. So I'm kinda stuck and I need sms texts for my work to contact me. Please help!

Cheers

Kevin 

Best solution
Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi there, Kevin. 

I'm sorry to hear you were having issues so soon after joining.

The issue you're having could normally indicate an issue with the port in, however in this case, I think it was just poor timing. There was an issue today that was affecting users ability to send SMS messages, and by the looks of things on social media, it was affecting all networks. 

My understanding is that whatever was causing the issue has been resolved. If you turn your phone of and on, or flip airplane mode on and off, and then try to send a text again, I'm hoping you'll have success. If not, drop another message here to let me know.

Pete.

View solution in conversation

9 REPLIES 9
MZone
Key player

Keep switching your phone on/off. The number porting process can take all day to fully complete and is spilt up by data, voice and SMS. So it’s probably still in progress. If it’s not sorted by tomorrow I’d call three as you may have a split port that sometimes happens. 

kevinhsuh
Regular

Problem solved, Thanks for your taking the time to help out.

MZone
Key player

Glad it worked. Please mark the post that solved your issue. This will help other members find help if they are having the same issue. 

Best solution
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi there, Kevin. 

I'm sorry to hear you were having issues so soon after joining.

The issue you're having could normally indicate an issue with the port in, however in this case, I think it was just poor timing. There was an issue today that was affecting users ability to send SMS messages, and by the looks of things on social media, it was affecting all networks. 

My understanding is that whatever was causing the issue has been resolved. If you turn your phone of and on, or flip airplane mode on and off, and then try to send a text again, I'm hoping you'll have success. If not, drop another message here to let me know.

Pete.

kevinhsuh
Regular

Morning Pete,

Thank you for the reply and you all is working great now!

riimasharif
Fledgling

Help pleas my code is not working could you help my sms text is not sending it's code I have checkedy Gmail I have checked but no sms code to please help me 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @riimasharif,

I'm sorry I don't understand what code you're referring to? Can you explain is this for an online account, or an app service? Is it an authentication code from Three you're waiting on, or from another company?

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Dennis
Fledgling

I have also transferred from my previous network. However my 3 line won’t let me text nor receive calls. People can’t text me either. Interestingly, I’m able to make calls and that’s all. Is this a 3 problem? I would dread to imagine. 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Dennis,

This could be indicative of a split port. This can happen in rare cases where the files haven't been sent over to us by your old provider.

When was your number supposed to transfer over, and which network was your old one?

Have you tried Pete's suggestions of switching the phone off and on, and airplane/flight mode on and off again?

Let me know the above and if the issues are persisting.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.