cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only receiving incoming text from 3 or contacts with 3 provider

Perryrox
Regular

As of now, the SMS is still not working. I don't seem to be able to receive any SMS from any of the banks, hospitals and I’m heavy pregnant, or any other senders outside of the Three network.
A few contacts sent me messages and they were not coming in.
Has this issues been solved for you? As I’ve been having this issue almost 2 weeks, I am a customer with 3 for 6/7 years and my incoming text was Fine suddenly it stopped working and I can only get incoming text from 3 or other contact who are with 3, that means any hospital appointment or anyone else I can’t get any text from… I’ve spoken to 12 people now each conversation between 30 min to an hour and getting nowhere? Would you advise to port my number? Im just scared my text won’t work and my worst will be to have to change my number I have over 20 years ? @leroylim 

5 REPLIES 5
leroylim
Regular

Hi @Perryrox ,

These have been solved for me so far. I've tried calling to Three customer service, but it didn't go too well since I think it was just routed to an India call center. Until trying the online chat and having it escalated by the local Three social media support, did it go better.

I would suggest trying to go to the local Three online chat to get someone from locally to help to escalate the issue or visiting Three in person.

Perryrox
Regular

Im glad you got helped, we tried going into the store and they told us they never heard of such a problem, and we need to speak to customer service technical support and I’m getting no where. On the live chat assistant im also getting to speak to a person from India and getting nowhere, im heavy pregnant and my text works fine until last 2 weeks.. this is crazy 3 cant get to fix my problem! Im just scared porting my number maybe my problem will stay and I don’t want to change my number I had for years .. 

MZone
Key player

Try switching your device off for about 15 mins then restarting. Failing that try and do a manual roam in network settings and pick another network so it fails and then do it again but select three this time. That should force any messages through. 

Perryrox
Regular

Hi and thank you for trying to help and suggesting the above. I have tried it and it still doesn’t work. It’s so frustrating being without text 2 weeks when I’m pregnant and not able to get text from professionals. I’m thinking that 3 can’t help me but I’m scared if I port my number I won’t get the text either? What do you recon? I had my number for over 20 years and I can’t afford to have to let all doctors and hospital and contact that I’ve changed a number? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Perryrox,

I'm sorry to hear about all the disruption this is causing. I'm not sure if you've seen my reply or PM on the other thread where you posted about this issue?

To view your private messages on the community, click on your avatar image in the top right of any community page, then "Messages".

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.