cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select a forum - how about network, broadband and services. Or maybe I should say lack of them.

Dragonbok60
Fledgling

3 weeks ago I received a text informing me that 3G was being taken down but I shouldn't be affected. Since then I've had no phone connection, My wifi has at best been intermittent and trying to get hold of customer services is impossible. I've been in the shop twice and they really weren't interested and said it was my phone. Will guess what, when I put a vodafone sim in everthing works. Even the email of complaint and my stopping my contract bounced back as undeliverable, just glad I copied it to the ombudsman and OFCOM.

Could 3 get more useless? 

2 REPLIES 2
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello there. 

It's disappointing to hear you've been having issues. It's unlikely that the lack of 3G in the area is causing the issues you have described. The broadband service in particular was never designed to rely on 3G at all. 

It's likely that a separate issue has cropped up in the area at the same time by happenstance. The team can normally run some diagnostics checks to determine what's going on, and advise you accordingly. It's unclear why you didn't get a reply to your complaint. You said you sent it in an email to us, we don't have a complaints email address, where did you send it to? 

Pete. 

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

Kb888
Regular

Hi, on your phone, without WiFi, were you unable to make or recieve calls but everything else like whatsapp, youtube fb was OK??