cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow speeds and throttling when downloading

Mrman55667
Regular

For over a year now there have been constant issues with the internet speed of my 5g broadband hub. usually above 30/40mbs which is doable for my needs (even though it used to 150mb+ consistently), but combined with the reduction in overall speed, I have found that when downloading games on my PS5 the speed tanks even more (currently at 4mbs and usually goes no higher than 18mbs on a good day), has anyone else experienced this? My PS5 is set to 5ghz Wi-Fi, and when using a speed checker my phone and laptop show a download speed much higher. Looking online the only explanation I can find would be that three is throttling certain usage such as downloads. I just don’t know what to do, seems pointless paying so much when I’m stuck with regular speed Wi-Fi but paying twice as much.

• 5G
4 REPLIES 4
Paddiewack
Superstar

With respect you would do better to call customer service rather than speculate your way out of a problem. 

Geluk
Key player

Your wifi speed nothing to do with "3".

ronlex47
Fledgling

My download speeds are almost non-existent and have been for almost a week in CV13 postal code area.

Have reported this to Asian call centre and they confirm there is a Technical issue but no action scheduled yet. Clearly speed tests across several well established sites have all come back showing very slow speeds. 
Equally annoying is a predominate Three mask just across the road from us.  Why cannot Three keep us posted through their App or web site of the issues.

Paddiewack
Superstar

This won’t help but I do agree that if Three could be more specific on their status page it would not only reduce calls to customer service but also punters like you and I would know where we stood.