Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Swapping a number between three sims

NW
Fledgling

Hi I want to change my contract to a phone from Samsung with a three contract sim. I'm currently om three but they can't match the deal even via an upgrade. If I was to take out the new three contract via Samsung is it possible to transfer my number from my current sim/contract to the new three sim/contract 

Best solution
Best solution
Jake_F
Employee
Employee

Hi @NW you can’t actually move a number between Three contracts I am afraid the only way around this would be to port your number out to another network via a PAC code and then port it back in on to the new sim you receive with the new contract.

hope this helps 

View solution in conversation

8 REPLIES 8
Best solution
Jake_F
Employee
Employee

Hi @NW you can’t actually move a number between Three contracts I am afraid the only way around this would be to port your number out to another network via a PAC code and then port it back in on to the new sim you receive with the new contract.

hope this helps 

NW
Fledgling

Thanks for replying and confirming Jake. Someone needs to inform the Three online chat service of that as that was their offered solution yesterday and I thought I'd read before that you can swap numbers to different sims on the same network. The chat service weren't very helpful yesterday and were seemingly telling me they can't match a deal involving a contract with Three that many other retailers are offering and my solution would be to transfer my current sim to PAYG and then transfer my number to the new sim 🤷‍

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey NW,

Welcome to the Three Community.

As Jake says there's not an official process for doing this. There is a process to transfer a PAYG number onto a Pay Monthly account however, so it sounds like the advice given on the chat about how to transfer was correct too though.

Have you already taken the new plan out?

JonathanB

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

NW
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, thanks for replying, no I haven't taken the new contract out yet. So... if I get my current Three sim changed to PAYG, I can then transfer my current Three number to the new Three contract sim? 

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

No worries NW, yeah that's certainly something that customer services should be able to arrange for you. And it'll save arranging PAC codes both in and out of Three. Let me know if there's any more issues with getting the process completed. 🙂

JonathanB

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

NW
Fledgling

Thanks Jonathan 🙂👍🏻

LeeT
Employee
Employee

Hi @NW ,

What Johnathan has said is correct. You can request that customer services cancel your contract down to a PAYG number. This will happen after 30 days of asking them to do so (30 days notice) The important part here is you request it to be cancelled to PAYG and not just to close the account.

Once it is a PAYG account, you can then go into your local Three store, chat to an advisor on Live Chat or simply call 333 to transfer your PAYG number over to the new contract which you have taken.

Hope this answers yous question 🙂

LeeT
Employee - Retail

NW
Fledgling

Thanks Lee 🙂👍🏻