cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texts sending from Sim number after porting

corkyefes
Fledgling

Hi,

I bought a sim free contract from Three and ported my old number across from Virgin.

However when I send texts, some are correctly sending from my ported number (which is obviously what I want) but some are still sending from the 'temporary' number that came with my three sim (I dont want that as people dont recognise its me).

I am using a Realme 8 Pro phone and within settings the 'SIM Number' is the correct one (my original number which i ported from Virgin). I also only have my new three sim card in the phone.

How do get all texts/calls to come from ported number and not the 'temporary' number?

2 REPLIES 2
corkyefes
Fledgling

I forgot to say that I have also tried the following:

• Turning the network/mobile data off
  • Turning the phone on and off.
  • Putting it in airplane mode.
  • Telling people to delete the message conversations between us and i've deleted mine. Then tried a test message.

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @corkyefes,

That sounds super frustrating, I'll do my best to help. Usually this sort of issue is linked to "chat" or RCS texts. If both users have the feature switched on, then the message goes over data rather than the older SMS text system, but it sometimes loses track of your number after a port.

If you go into messages, and message settings, check if you can switch off sending messages over chat/RCS (whichever is applicable). Assuming this is the issue, when you switch the setting back on, ot should resync your number.

Let me know if that helps. 🙂

JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.