cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three 5G broadband blocking Minecraft Realms

Solent
Fledgling

I have a Three 5G Hub providing internet access for the whole house. My son is very frustrated because he can't access a Minecraft Realm on his Nintendo Switch. It has been set up by his friend as a private Realm, and his other friends can join it from their homes. However, in our house (using Three 5G) the Realm won't load -- it simply gets stuck on the loading screen. 

I have discovered that if I connect the Switch the a different network (eg tether to my Vodafone mobile) the Realm will load. So it seems to be something being blocked by Three. 

I have tried moving the Switch into a DMZ on the router, but that makes no difference, so I don't think it's a router setting. 

I have also tried disabling the adult content filter but that also does nothing. It seem to be something Three are blocking. 

Any ideas?

Best solution
Best solution
Solent
Fledgling

I spoke to Three Tech Support this morning. They were able to make some tweaks at their end and it's all working now. Thanks for the suggestion. 

View solution in conversation

3 REPLIES 3
MZone
Superstar

Call 333 option 4 option 3 and option 3 to discuss your issue with tech support.

Best solution
Solent
Fledgling

I spoke to Three Tech Support this morning. They were able to make some tweaks at their end and it's all working now. Thanks for the suggestion. 

MZone
Superstar

Glad you got it sorted.