cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Three Voicemail - how do you manage to have a standard greeting?

MZone
Key player

When using voicemail Three's standard message is "447... is not available". When I called voicemail for the first time it made me record my name. I don’t really want my name or a personalised greeting I just want the standard default network automated greeting. Any ideas on how I can get back to this please?

Best solution
Best solution
StephR
Employee
Employee

Sorry @MZone, there's no way to restore the automated greeting once a name has been recorded. As @sc1999 has mentioned though, you can re-record your greeting by calling 123 from your Three number and selection option 3.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

View solution in conversation

7 REPLIES 7
sc1999
Local celebrity

Hi, I just dialled 123 for voice mail and option 3 let's you set a message for all calls and other types of calls. I am not sure if this option will not include your name. Next time I will use the name " Insert name here".

Best solution
StephR
Employee
Employee

Sorry @MZone, there's no way to restore the automated greeting once a name has been recorded. As @sc1999 has mentioned though, you can re-record your greeting by calling 123 from your Three number and selection option 3.

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query. 

MZone
Key player

Hi @StephR,

Just a thought. If I call up and disable my voicemail and then wait a bit and then call up to enable voicemail again will that reset my voicemail account to the standard greeting without my name do you think?

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hey @MZone,

I've never had this exact situation come up, but my understanding is that when the Voicemail is disabled on your account, it's just the divert being removed. So it shouldn't have any effect on your actual Voicemail box and greetings etc, it just stops incoming calls from being redirected to leave a message.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

sc1999
Local celebrity

If I remember  correctly saying your name is a one shot and cannot be changed. Mine is "insert name here". I think you can change the message and pointless if you can't. 

Gregorsky
Fledgling

This is so bad, and especially discriminatory against people who don't speak but still use the phone differently. I can't believe that in 2023 you can't get a standard voicemail message or have your incor name removed. This really reflects the service you get from them. I've just signed a new contract and I've already hit a few walls like this. This is unacceptable with different providers!

halfSpencer123
Regular

I can actually help with this issue now! I have just found a loop hole!

Call 123 (or hold one for voicemail), then key 3, then key 0, then key 1, then key 6, then after the beep, IMMEDIATELY key #, for me it hung up and the personalised name has now been disabled!

I am posting this on as many forms regarding the subject as I can, but I also can’t guarantee that it will work for everyone as i haven’t tested it time and time again, just want to share my experience.