Our new roaming giveaway is live find out more here!
Give us your feedback about how easy you've found getting ready to roam on the above linked article, and you'll be in with the chance to win one of 10, 7 day Go Roam passes to use in Europe and Around the World destinations. Prize draw open till 01 May 2024
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to call landlines?

Quayle1
Fledgling

Weeks of difficulties & frustration with Three!! I cannot make outgoing calls to any uk local rate landline number from my new iPhone 15? Told incorrect information twice, increased cost & credit cap (made no difference) and that my issue/ fault is unknown and needs to be investigated by their technical support team.
Twice Ive been told I’d be contacted within 7 days. Still waiting…. 10 days in? Any ideas. My existing number was ported from old EE account and I now have 2 x primary sims numbers saved in phone and unable to erase the new Three number from the account/phone. Wondering if this is the issue? 
please help me, I’m loosing the will…..!

3 REPLIES 3
JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Quayle1,

I'm really sorry to hear about this, it sounds like a really disruptive issue. It's very rare for outgoing calls to be disrupted by a port. Particularly odd that it's only affecting landlines too. So you can call mobiles on Three and other networks okay in spite of this? Have you been able to check which number is presented when you call another mobile, the temporary Three number, or the one you ported?

When you port a number whilst using an iPhone, the temporary number may still show, but usually if you pop into your call settings you can edit the phone number to the correct one there. That tends to only cause issues with iMessage and FaceTime though.

I'm not sure what troubleshooting you've already been through, so apologies if this has already been covered, but just to make sure we haven't skipped any of the quick fixes.

Have you tried going to Settings > General > Shutdown to ensure a full reboot. And I'd also suggest toggling Airplane mode on for a minute or two then switching it off again.

If it's practical, you could also test your SIM in another phone, just to check if it seems to be a phone settings/software issue, or seems to be linked to your number/account with Three. If the issue follows the SIM, then that should confirm that it's an issue with your account.

Please let me know if any of this helps.

Thanks,
Jonathan

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!

Quayle1
Fledgling

Swapping sims into another phone and back again has resolved issue. Thank you. 👍

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

That's great news, I'm assuming some cached data in your call settings must have been persisting from before the number port. Glad I could help. 🙂

We'd like to hear your feedback! Let us know how easy you find it to get ready to Roam, and be in with a chance to win 7 days of free Roaming Passes – find out more here!