cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used to have the free 200M data sim but it stopped without notification?

pwalk
Active

For the last couple of years, I've had an active free 200MB monthly data sim.
Recently after the online account and app has been updated, I couldn't see my allowance or refresh date. The SIM continued working fine (data and incoming calls as well).

I chatted to support and the agent appeared a bit clueless and claiming this has stopped. I didn't see how this could have been stopped since it was working fine and I haven't heard anything about it from Three. When I confirmed that I can still use data on it (while roaming as well, as it used to), the agent's reply was basically "that's great".

After coming off the chat, it has suddenly stopped.
Now, I understand that the service might have stopped and it was a free service, but to cut it off just like that, without notification and after chatting to support who didn't appear to know abut it, is strange to say the least. For all purposes, this was a normal working SIM from Three, albeit for data only. I'm sure something's wrong here?

157 REPLIES 157
albobski
Regular

Three have closed my case - I had asked them to escalate it - and referred me to the Ombudsman.

I have lodged a case with them and will report back ASAP

Kappa
Fledgling

I also got caught out on this and wasted money not realising the data allowance had been removed. What used to be free now costs £20/month. Three could have at least notified us that the allowance was being removed.

albobski
Regular

The Ombudsma has now accepted my case and is investigating : Lady on phone did warn me that I might not get very far, but we will see..!!

rockmc
Fledgling

Hi @JonathanB 

is there any news on this?

thanks

albobski
Regular

After my complaint to the Ombudsman, Three have made an offer, which I have accepted.

"..We are currently aware of the issue and are working on having this fixed. While we are working to have this resolved I am proposing a £50 credit to your Three account which you can convert into a plan. We currently do not have a timescale for this to be resolved however hope for the issue to be fixed as soon as possible. If this offer is declined then the offer may be withdrawn..."

pwalk
Active

I would say this is less than satisfactory, with regards to the original issue of Three withdrawing the offer. "We are currently aware of the issue and are working on having this fixed". Right.

albobski
Regular

Yep, I have my doubts about the issue being 'fixed'...

droid5555
Regular

I decided to transfer one of my data reward sim numbers to RWG mobile (EE network). When I generated the PAC code I got an sms from 3 saying that I had got £10 credit and I could request a refund but only after my number had switched. After it was finally ported it was an uphill battle to even contact someone in 3 for my refund. My account was closed when I ported, 3 no longer recognised the number, cant use 333 shot code. Using the 0333 CS number, options throws you out as requires a valid 3 number. Managed eventually to get onto their chatbot by using a PC (chatbot using a phone/tablet on their website doesn't work) and after several attempts it told me that they cannot process refunds and to contact customer services. Phoned CS avoiding quoting my number and the automated system told me to use the chatbot....eventually found a combination of options that took me to a real person. Next problem, I didn't have a direct debit, why would I? So gave them bank details and they said I would get my refund in 15 working days. Well today is 15 working days not including the day I called and no refund so far. I'll let you know if it comes. 

Got 2 other data reward Sims with credit which I'm not using. Not decided what I'm going to do with them.

My old 321 sim that I had for donkeys years had credit that suddenly vanished and then a few weeks later the SIM got deactivated. So much for their original 321 promise that credit never expires etc

rockmc
Fledgling

I had a much better experience extricating myself from Three.  I contacted them on chat and they said I had to call 0333 3381001.  The person on that number took my bank details and arranged a refund of my credit balance which I received within a week.

shawny
Regular

Hi, what was the website that you used to complain, all I am getting from Three is "I can understand your concern however we have now stop this offer" despite me telling them ""Note: Customers who have registered already will continue to receive the 200MB every month for life", so should still be receiving the free data credit each month""