cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Used to have the free 200M data sim but it stopped without notification?

pwalk
Active

For the last couple of years, I've had an active free 200MB monthly data sim.
Recently after the online account and app has been updated, I couldn't see my allowance or refresh date. The SIM continued working fine (data and incoming calls as well).

I chatted to support and the agent appeared a bit clueless and claiming this has stopped. I didn't see how this could have been stopped since it was working fine and I haven't heard anything about it from Three. When I confirmed that I can still use data on it (while roaming as well, as it used to), the agent's reply was basically "that's great".

After coming off the chat, it has suddenly stopped.
Now, I understand that the service might have stopped and it was a free service, but to cut it off just like that, without notification and after chatting to support who didn't appear to know abut it, is strange to say the least. For all purposes, this was a normal working SIM from Three, albeit for data only. I'm sure something's wrong here?

157 REPLIES 157
droid5555
Regular

As I posted earlier I contacted three to get my £10 credit refunded after I transferred my number to RWG (EE). This was Dec 22. They promised I would receive my refund within 15 working days. Over a month has passed and I've received nothing. Three are blaggards, I have nothing but contempt for them.

Teddywestside
Regular

Just signed up to ask if there has been any update from 3 on this? 

Like others mine suddenly stopped working when I recently was told I had to register again on the new system. I did contact 3 to complain and receive £10 but tbh I didn't really want this and would much rather have the data again.

Di
Fledgling

Just noticed this issue after my credit disappeared. Not happy at all

Teddywestside
Regular

Yep me too, I only had maybe £2 credit at the time but noticed my data had completely stopped working. I tried to sign into my account via the app only to be told I need to download the new version and register again. 

I did this and noticed I had £0 credit and no data, so they must have removed the 200mb data allowance from my account without notifying me and I must have used up all my credit without realising.

Not happy at all and 3 basically didn't care when I contacted them, I had to put in a complaint and was given £10 credit but I really just want my old tariff and data allowance back.

It doesn't seem like this is going to happen now.

droid5555
Regular

I decided to have yet another go at claiming the refund that 3 texted me I was entitled to after getting my PAC and moving my number away. Phoned the number others quoted. Spent best part of an hour, first security, being put on hold while they retrieve information then on hold while checking with another department ,line  disconnected ar around 45 minutes, but they rang back, yet more checking and on hold, eventually transferred to "the department responsible for refunds", many apologies ensued that the previous refund attempt failed because it was " incorrectly processed", gave them bank details again and assured several times that I would be refunded in 7 days max, probably earlier.

You can probably guess the rest,  another 12 days have passed and no refund. I have given up, 2+ hours of my life wasted talking to three's indian call centres (at my cost) that I'll never get back. They have beaten me. F3

Teddywestside
Regular

I've given up on them and ported out, they're a complete waste of time 

sup3rstud
Regular

Hi @JonathanB @JohnM 

It’s been over a month since we’ve last heard from either of you. Any updates on Threes stance on the free 200MB a month being revoked?

fillflum
Fledgling

I contacted live chat today and was offered this explanation:

"I've checked this for you and since we have upgraded our systems free 200mb data reward to old registered customers is under investigation."

and

"It's not removed and it's under investigation and until investigation we can add one time 3gb data starter pack only and not credit. Once that option is available in new system you'll get free data 200mb each month."

Kappa
Fledgling

interesting but sounds like the sort of thing the live chat tells you just to keep you off their back

nickmoss
Fledgling

Hi All, 

New to this thread but my free 200mb still works on an iPhone. However, my parents two sims on android have stopped working, they haven't re-registered, they can browse the three website but not any others. Will be interested to hear once three come up with a solution