tarantella
Involved

When will Three have Visual Voicemail?

20 REPLIES 20
PeteG
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hello, tarantella. 

Visual Voicemail isn't something that's currently planned. 

That's not to say it'll never happen, but there isn't anything to share on that at the moment. 

Pete. 

gfreemantle
Fledgling

I’ve been considering moving my main contract phone over to 3 because where I use it, 3 have 5G coverage and the other networks only have 4G. Because my phone is so critical to me, I never just move and I picked up a PayG SIM so I could check everything out before I move over which was when I noticed Visual Voicemail wasn’t working. This is also critical to me as I get so many calls I don’t want to have to listen to them all just to get to the ones I need. I like to see them, delete the cruft and jump straight to the ones I need.

I phoned customer services and they told me Visual Voicemail is not supported on my SIM but if I take out a contract and purchase a new iPhone 14 Pro they’ll make sure the SIM they send me has Visual Voicemail activated.

I’ve been told this now three time by Customer Services/Sales and they won’t assist or put me through to support who can activate it on this PayG SIM as they say I need to be on contract.

Is this correct? If I have a contract SIM will I get Visual Voicemail?

tarantella
Involved

I've not heard anything like you mention.

It would be great if it was true.

Perhaps one of the Moderators on here could confirm or otherwise?

Three also (very annoyingly) don't support Missed Call Alerts.......

tarantella
Involved

Just messaged ThreeUkSupport on Twitter and they said this:

Hey, we've just checked and Visual Voicemail isn't a service offered at this point in time. We're aware of the demand for this and promise we'll make a lot of noise if this becomes available. Sorry for any disappointment -Joe

So it looks like you've been led down the primrose path........

JonathanB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @gfreemantle,

I'm sorry if there's been any misunderstanding with the teams you've spoken to. As per Pete's post from September, and what tarantella shared from ThreeUKSupport on Twitter, Visual Voicemail isn't currently supported on Three for PAYG or Pay Monthly contracts.

I'll feed this back both in terms of the continuing interest from our community customers, and the misinformation.

Thanks,
JonathanB

Mod tip! The author of a post can hit 'Accept as Solution', to highlight a reply that helped solved their query.

J0HN078
Fledgling

Why when every other major network and piggyback networks does it’s a bit prehistoric that 3 mobile don’t 

shortcuts_when
Fledgling

Hi Jonathan, thanks for the info you gave here. Is there any more news? iOS 17 has made the voicemail screen much uglier for providers who refuse to support Visual Voicemail. It’s a clear signal to sort things out. 

natashawiening
Fledgling

I am SO disappointed, I just signed up with THREE and had no idea they didn't offer visual voicemail. I can't actually believe it! I feel just like you, I use it for work and need visual voicemails. I am so annoyed! I feel your pain! Now I have to decide if I am going to leave the service!

natashawiening
Fledgling

I just found out that Three doesn't offer visual voicemail-this is so frustrating. I now have to pay for a visual voicemail app.